Tuesday, July 31, 2007

STICKY SICKY

this blog carries a public health warning
your seedish boy is in a bad way
fireseed coming down with every ailment
under the proverbial bright yellow disc
feeling more like 99 than 39
as if the teeth
and the sunburn
and the conjuctivitis
and the mysterious swollen ankles
and the insomnia
were not enough
now i can add two more little afflictions to the list
#1 non-smoker's cough and croak
#2 stabbing back pains
now i been stabbed in the back before
but only metaphorically speaking
but what with my lanky frame
which is ergonomically so ill-suited
to the physical world it inhabits
i've always had a worry at the back of my mind
if you'll pardon the pun
(or did ya miss it?)
that one day my back will just seize up
suddenly
like has happened to a few people i know
and leave me bed-ridden and crippled
well i don't wish to exaggerate
or unduly worry any of you fellow blog brethren
out there on the cyber ether
but it sure as hell gives me a scare yes-a-day
when my hacking cough
suddenly sends a couple of electric shocks down my spine
like i just stepped on a sting-ray
anyway i swallow my pride and take a sicky
sit at home and sweat it out
in the relentless humidity
of end-of-july sk
i've experienced worse though, seeds
once in darwin
in the northern territories of oz
i take a shower
i dry myself down
a few minutes later
and i am sitting in a pool of my own juice again
oh man!
truly unbearable for a pale-skinned pom like me
now come on fightseed old chap
things ain't quite that bad in seoul, are they?
back soon...
(hopefully with better puns!)

No comments: