Thursday, September 21, 2006

DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH

greetings my seedlings!
tis 11:17 post laborum in sk
fireseed clocking in again here
after yet another lengthy absence
from the cyber airwaves
fireseed real sorry not to be seeing you more often
fireseed been burning the candle at all ends, you understand
so 'apple logeys' to all those peeps out there
who aint been getting no responses to their massages
not even a dismissive grunt
from your well-meaning
but oh-so-weary fireseede...
to senor roberts, my man in cathay
to herr duncumb, my very own java correspondent
to mr k, my malay insider
to monsieur edwards, my kindred spirit
and fellow alumnus of the goat & tricycle
to doctor russel, who opened my taste buds
to the joys of the dark frothy stuff in the first place
i love you all...
and so once more to the shadowy theme of corporatocra$y
the great disease of our times, o my seeds...

'The twentieth century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.'

Alex Carey, 'Taking the risk out of democracy,' University of Illinois Press, 1995, p.ix

...i have such great fear about what we shall reap
from this plague of unbridled G-R-E-E-D, my seedlets
for these ruthlessly efficient beasts of capitalism
will tear us luddite herbivores limb from limb
even as we flee towards our simple burrows...

...as know-all gallagher (of all people!) said:
don't believe the truth!

No comments: