Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FORM

some days i get up
and hit the ground running
i ease straight into gear
cruising through the day's tasks
like a well-oiled machine
ready for anything
bring it on, i say!
i clear the obstacles in my path
like a minesweeper
people are pleasant
they smile
stop and chat
say nice things
bestow compliments
i have time for stuff
i receive prompt responses to my emails
i get the job done
i get jobs done
i expect success
and i am successful
i jump on a bus straight away
i get lucky
i attract serendipity
i radiate positivity
i ooze confidence
i got that can-do feeling
i fly like a butterfly
sting like a bee
i got the wind in my sails
and an ocean of possibilities ahead
i'm on form

other days i get up
stumble
and land flat on my face
i stall
i can't get the clutch to bite
judder out of first gear
never even make it into third
i am a rusty old banger
ready for the scrap yard
stop the bus
i wanna get off!
obstacles spring up
blocking my path in every direction
people are stroppy n sarcy
they scowl
can't be bothered to give me the time of day
they carp and criticise
take me for granted
i rush around
sticky n sweaty
i am late for my appointments
more haste less speed
i make mistakes
then faff around for ages trying to undo them
i can't nail a plank
phone lines are engaged
servers are down
everyone has called in sick
or gone on holiday
i just about wing whatever i'm doing
then feel a pang of guilt
i expect failure
and success eludes me
the luck aint with me
i miss the opportunity
three buses come along all at once
just before i arrive at the stop
i radiate anxiety
sense the tightness in my shoulders
tiredness n stress consumes me
i got that can't-do feeling
i fly like a bee
and sting like a butterfly
i got no belief
no style
no composure
my form has evaporated

today i am bang on form
tomorrow?
well that's another day

1 comment:

chrome3d said...

I hate that when 3 busses all pass me by in the rain and I´ve missed them all.