Thursday, February 22, 2007

MIKE (EPILOGUE)

t'other day
i was telling you about mike
a childhood pal i last saw thirteen years ago
in somewhat acrimonious circumstances
well, i did a little internet search for mikey boy
and discovered that he's now morphed into none other than...
Dr Mike O'Neill, PhD!
not only that but the dear boy won
the guardian snoozepaper's 2004 'schoolteacher of the year' award
for north-east england
how about that?
mike's cheery visage shines out from the guardian website
lighting up the pixels on my screen
surrounded by proud messages from colleagues and friends
good on ya, mike
always knew you had it in you
i'm proud of you, fella!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, too.
so good to see you searched about him - you still concern about your best friend, though he ever hurted you. I believe he must have been regreted about it for hundred of times.

this is a best news i heard today. for you, for your friend.

(gosh, I feel I sounds like an old grandma. anyway, I'm happy now! a happy grandma are going to have a deep sleep now. see you then! )