Sunday, March 11, 2007

BLOGLESSNESS

this was the week i nearly drowned
floating down five fathoms deep
through the watery world of cephalopod and crustacean
flame almost extinguished
crushed under the weight of expectation
some of it self-imposed
some of it imposed upon me by others
pushed this way and that by commitments
battered by waves of resentful victims
their feathers ruffled like sulking birds of paradise
sleep-starved and yawning
i dragged myself from my troubled reveries
stumbled and tripped
fell by the wayside and hauled myself back to my feet
persevered
how can mindfulness be cultivated i wonder
when the mind has almost been erased?
sometimes the art of living becomes simply the art of not dying
the art of carrying on
the art of enduring
the art of self-affirmation
the trick of seeing god in small things
the person who treated me for coffee
the people who took the time to email me
to let me know that i had made a small difference
dear blog
i regret not having the will or energy
to sign in or update you
this was the week time sped up and stood still
love
fireseed

No comments: